Our BEST SELLING sail intended for the serious sea-kayaker. This is the sail for expeditions on big water and will be pulling hard long after you are ready to head to shore.
The 42" Windpaddle "Adventure" will withstand any condition you throw at it. The sturdy and unbreakable perimeter batten maintains sail shape in high winds and allows for high sailing angles.
The WindPaddle was developed to quickly and easily connect to the deck of any boat. The simple to use clips on the mounting harness make this possible. Connect to your boat or or switch between boats in seconds. If your boat has anything that can be clipped to - including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, handholds on the gunwale or bench seat - you can attach your WindPaddle to it!
Ease of Use:
The WindPaddle sail deploys in a matter of seconds from the on-deck location. A continuous sheet (or steering line) allows the paddler to easily control the sail while keeping their paddle in their hands for bracing and steering. A large window in the center panel of the sail adds visibility.
The unique circular design of the WindPaddle puts the sails’s center-of-force down low - at about the same level as the paddler - making the boat/sail combination incredibly stable and easy-to-use. As wind speed increases, the center of effort remains fixed and doesn't move up or down. And it's easy to depower the sail instantly - just drop the lines - so you're always in control.
Combine this with the ability to be quickly launched and taken down while out on the water and you have a safe, easy-to-use sail that is the BEST approach to small watercraft sailing!!
Features and specifications
- Light weight design
- Stiff "expedition-grade" perimeter batten
- Sails (reaches) off-the-wind up to an 180 degree angle or more.
- Target boat – Touring and Expedition boats 14’ – 18’
- Target wind range – 5 – 30 knots (has seen 40+ knots!)
- Target paddler – intermediate to expert
- Off-wind sailing envelope - +180 degrees
- Deployed diameter - 42" (106.7 cm.)
- Coiled/folded diameter - 15" (38.1 cm.)
- Sail area - 9.62 sq. ft. (0.8937 sq. m²)
- Weight - 13 oz. (0.37 kg.)