New model for 2013. Biggest, baddest inflatable SUP on the market - built for adventure!
The Red Air 12'6 Explorer with super thick 150mm dropstitch material! One of the most stable inflatable SUP boards ever produced, the Red Air 12'6 Explorer will take you places; it's an amazing destination paddle board, designed to be paddled by those who want to know what is around the next bend in the river.
Intro Special - Free Accent MAX SUP carbon adjustable breakdown paddle ($189 value), while supplies last.
While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Air's 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with confidence. The material thickness has been increased from 100mm to a whopping 150mm thickness - perfect for non surfing shapes. The increased thickness is super-buoyant and 50% stiffer than a 100mm board at the same pressure, meaning a rider can obtain greater stiffness at lower pressure without affecting the ride and performance - or stiffer performance at higher pressure. At 370 liters, the Explorer board has enough volume to carry a lot of equipment. The board was designed to take a lot of abuse and will survive many miles of exploration, even in the blazing sun or icy waters.
Multiple cargo tie-down sections allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail. Each cargo attachment has been exactly positioned to distribute the weight of both rider and gear without effecting the trim of the board. This gives a superior ride and performance while allowing for a large quantity of gear to be carried. The Explorer is an amazing platform for fishing, with loads of space on the deck to stash the catch of the day.
Fin placement and rocker lines are the key ingredient that turn Red Paddle Co. boards from being ordinary into something that you want to ride again and again. The Explorer utilizes a low profile US box fin system - this allows you to put in your favourite flat water fin, but it comes supplied with a fin for all-around paddling. A nose runner fin increases tracking and straight line performance in side winds, while two rear fin runners prevent “tail drift” when the board is loaded with gear.
The Red Air 12'6 Explorer is so portable, there is no need to leave cars at each end of your trip - just jump on the train, bus or taxi to get home. The new carry bag is so comfortable you could even walk home. Good for exploring, adventure, discovery.
- Double rear fin runners for straighter paddling.
- PVC board material with high-grade, double-thread internal drop stitching
- Double layer construction featuring a "board within a board". This adds massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and durability.
- Side rails with four layers of taping - maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many ISUPs!
- Special "air block" membrane eliminates air leakage
- New super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad - now thicker than ever.
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Thicker 150mm material (50% stiffer)
- Central and side carry handles, more comfortable than before.
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling.
- Front and rear cargo attachments for carrying gear.
- Central logo stiffening strip.
- Front loading backpack, comfortable to carry.
- Board size printed on tail and nose for easy identification.
- Exclusive Blue Marble material gives a custom look, as each board has a slightly different pattern.
- Built using Red Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads. NEW!
- Length: 12’6”
- Width: 32”
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.9 inches
- Volume: 370 liters
- Weight: 33 lbs
- Max payload: Almost unlimited
- Need more info? Read the Red Air ISUP Inflation Manual
- Or read our detailed Red Air Twelve Six Explorer review with photos on our Wordpress blog.
- Watch our YouTube Video on the Red Air Twelve Six Explorer
The Red Air 12'6 Explorer comes complete with a carry backpack, repair kit, instructions and special Red Paddle Co Ezee hand pump with pressure gauge, which makes inflation to 15-25 psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle. Once you try a Red, you'll love it - the proof is in the paddling.