New design for 2013. A mega-sized, super-stable and incredibly beefy inflatable SUP!
Intro Special - Free Accent MAX SUP fiberglass adjustable breakdown paddle ($129 value), while supplies last!
The Red Air 10'8 Mega with thicker 120mm dropstitch material! One of the most stable inflatable SUP boards ever produced, the Red Air Ten Eight Mega eliminates stability problems for larger or less confident riders. The combination of 36 inches overall width plus the wide tail creates an unbelievably stable platform perfect for cruising - yet still feels lively and responsive. While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Air's 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with confidence.
The material thickness has been increased from 100mm to 120mm - the perfect combination of stiffness and control for all round shapes - producing the stiffest boards for this size. The increased thickness is 20% more rigid than a 100mm board at the same pressure, meaning a rider can obtain greater stiffness at lower pressure without affecting the ride and performance - or stiffer performance at higher pressure - while still maintaining a low center of gravity.
The Mega Ten Eight remains the perfect board for the bigger rider (220 lbs+) and novices. Families will also discover the Red Air 10'8 Mega is perfect for paddling two-up with youngsters or even the dog on-board! Good for cruising, using as a tender, small wave surfing, fishing, exploring - a great all around board!
Fin placement and rocker lines are the key ingredient that turn Red Paddle Co. boards from being ordinary into something that you want to ride again and again.
- Three tracking fins for the best mix of directional stability and control
- PVC board material with high-grade, double-thread internal drop stitching
- Double layer construction featuring a "board within a board". This adds massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and durability.
- Inflataion pressures from 15 to 25 PSI
- Side rails with four layers of taping - maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many ISUPs!
- Special "air block" membrane eliminates air leakage
- New super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad - now thicker than ever.
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Thicker 120mm material (20% stiffer) NEW!
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before. NEW!
- Front cargo attachments for carrying gear. NEW!
- Central logo stiffening strip. NEW!
- Front loading backpack, comfortable to carry. NEW!
- Board size printed on tail and nose for easy identification. NEW!
- Built using Red Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads. NEW!
- Length: 10’8”
- Width: 36”
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 296 liters
- Weight: 29 lbs, 35 in the backpack with pump
- Max payload: 220+ lbs/100+ kgs
Need more info?
- Read the Red Air ISUP Inflation Manual
- Watch a video on the Ten Eight Mega's sibling, the new Red Air Ten Six by clicking on the Video Tab above.
- See our Guide to Choosing Which Red Air ISUP is Best for You!
- Or read our detailed Red Air Ten Six review (the Ten Eight Mega's sibling) on our Wordpress blog.
The Red Air 10'8 Mega comes complete with a carry backpack, repair kit, instructions and special Red Paddle Co Ezee hand pump with pressure gauge, which makes inflation to 15-25 psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle. Once you try a Red, you'll love it - the proof is in the paddling.