Lightweight, rugged, portable and affordable!
The Cascade has the asymmetric design and smooth, flutterless strokes that you have come to expect from Cannon. The black anodized shaft is ovaled at both ends for paddle control and is adjustable for RHC, LHC and non-feathered positions. Add its light weight (2.4lbs) and you get a paddle that will take you anywhere there is fun.
- 4- part take-down paddle is perfect for traveling.
- Asymmetric, spooned blades made of fiberglass-reinforced nylon
- Blade size 7" x 16"
- Lightweight hardened aluminum shaft
- Rubber drip rings, metal locking snaps.
- Feathering blades. Angles: 60̊ RHC 60̊ LHC and Unfeathered
- Assembled Length - 230 cm;
- Longest breakdown length 25.25
- Weight 38 oz.
- Made in the USA
Posted by Masanori Hanawa on 5th Aug 2012
I have two sets of this paddle. They work fine. They do not jounce at all. Even children in elementary school can handle one.
Only the problem is disassembling. After paddling, it is very hard to disassemble because the center two pipes fit too tight. Everytime when I paddle, I have to bring back them without disassembling fully.
Except for it, it is cheap and light weight, thus good for beginners.
(Note from AirKayaks: Thanks for the feedback! Stuart from Cannon suggests using bicycle grease - like White Lightning - if you have some issues with sticking. Also, whether used in salt or fresh water, you should always rinse off after using. )