Affordable option for 2-person kayak and canoe downwind sailing!
The BIC Sport kayak and canoe sail is battened, which helps to push you along in a downwind situation. Used simply for fun or for longer distance adventure kayaking, the sail rapidly deploys like a pop-up tent. Suitable for Sit-in and Sit-on-top tandem kayaks - unless an experienced solo sailor, the sail is best used in a tandem situation, and manuevered by the front paddler while the rear paddler steers the kayak.
When you wish to stop, simply pull down the sail.
- Ripstop nylon sail, fiberglass battens
- Comes with carry bag, control lines and handles.
- Sail area: 1.2 m².
- Wind range: 3 - 18 knots.
- Used for downwind only to a maximum of 45°variance to either side.
- For set up details, see the instruction manual.