Crossover self-bailing inflatable good for whitewater AND calm water!
The StraitEdge Sit-On-Top Self-Bailing Kayak from Advanced Elements provides the performance and handling capability of a hard-shell kayak and the convenience and portability of an inflatable kayak - it’s so sporty and unique, you’ll have complete strangers asking questions about it!
Most self-bailing inflatable kayaks are designed for paddling white water. They typically have quite a bit of "rocker" to allow for quick turning and other maneuvers, making them poor performers in calm water. The StraitEdge inflatable kayak is the first to improve tracking in open water conditions by incorporating an aluminum rib, which is attached to cone-shaped air bags that are forced into the bow and stern. The hull design is similar to a hardshell sit-on-top kayak, yet it can be pumped up or packed away in minutes.
The bow and stern have additional built-in rigid forms that help cut through the waves and keep you on course, just like a hard shell. Self-bailing ports on the underside allow water to pass through the kayak when in white water or heavy wave conditions. Plug caps can be inserted into the ports to keep the water out during open and calm water conditions.
If you love the water, but like to travel light, this sleek compact inflatable kayak will add a new dimension to your outdoor adventures. From lakes, and mild rivers, to bays and estuaries, it is a delight to get on the water quickly; keep it deflated in the trunk of your car and the next time you're driving along a river, lake or bay, you can be fishing or paddling in just minutes!
The kayak's durable heavy-duty PVC/Tarpaulin and electronically welded seams can take bumps, scrapes and rough water. Perfect for camping, vacations, recreational vehicles or those that just don’t want the hassle of roof racks, as it fits easily into the trunk of your car!
- Rigid-formed bow and stern with aluminum rib
- Self-bailing ports with plugs
- Hefty duffle carrying bag, maintenance kit, instructions.
- Adjustable padded back support/seat
- Six chambers utilizing two military-style Bravo valves and four Boston valves
- Molded low-profile rubber handles
- Durable double-coated PVC-coated nylon w/tarpaulin fabric; 2 layers of material
- Electronically welded seams
- Bungee deck lacing to hold extra gear on the air bags; multiple d-rings
- Dimensions: Length 9 ft 8 inches, width 35 inches
- Weight: 34 lbs, max load 300 lbs
- Easy storage, portable, packs into convenient duffle bag with a folded size of 30x17x10 inches
- Durable, lightweight and compact - inflates in minutes!
- Designed to be used in flat water to salt water and rivers class I-III.
- New w/manufacturer's warranty
- Optional thigh straps available