Our most popular kayak for price and performance!
The unique AdvancedFrame Inflatable Kayak from Advanced Elements delivers performance and portability in a cutting edge design. Featuring a rigid aluminum frame bow and stern with an inflatable body, which delivers performance and portability in a cutting edge design.
Removable rigid ribs in the bow and stern are made of high grade aluminum, allowing the bow to slice through water like a knife. The stern acts as a skeg, which increases the tracking performance. When the chambers inflate, these ribs are pressed against the outer cover and form a high performance bow and stern which rival the tracking of a hard-shell day touring kayak yet still folds up compactly!
The kayak is manufactured from extremely durable materials and high-end components. There is plenty of on-board storage space without cramping your leg room, making extended trips much more enjoyable. It sets up in just a few minutes, and is compact enough to take along for an adventure anywhere. The kayak's durable double-coated fabric, heavy-duty PVC and electronically welded seams can take bumps, scrapes and rough water.
If you love the water, but like to travel light, this sleek compact inflatable kayak will add a new dimension to your outdoor adventures. From lakes, and mild rivers, to bays and estuaries, it is a delight to get on the water quickly; keep it deflated in the trunk of your car and the next time you're driving along a river, lake or bay, you can be fishing or paddling in just minutes! This is the perfect watercraft for campers, Rvers, travelers or those that just don’t want the hassle of roof racks! Duffle bag included!
- Rigid-formed Bow and Stern w/Aluminum rib
- Includes hefty duffle carrying bag.
- Adjustable padded back support
- Tracking fin
- Military-style Air Valves and Twistlok valves, fits most standard pumps without an adaptor
- Molded low-profile rubber handles
- Durable double-coated PVC-coated nylon w/tarpaulin fabric
- Electronically Welded Seams
- Bungee Deck Lacing to hold extra gear
- Coaming area to keep out water, can use the optional Spray Skirt
- Dimensions: Length 10.5 ft, width 34 inches
- Weight: 36 lbs, max load 300 lbs
- Folded size: 30 x 17 x 10 inches
- Easy storage, portable, packs into convenient duffle bag
- Durable, lightweight and compact - inflates in minutes!
- Designed to be used in flat water to salt water.
- New w/manufacturer's warranty
- Need more info? Read our detailed review on the AdvancedFrame Kayak
- Read the AdvancedFrame instruction manual
- Watch the AdvancedFrame inflatable kayak video on YouTube, below!
Posted by Robert on 11th Jul 2012
I received my Kayak two weeks ago and I am totally enchanted with it. It's everything you say in your advertisement, easy to set up and extremely stable in the water. Every time I take it to the river here in the Canadian capital region I get comments and inquiries from bystanders. It's like taking a cute puppy to the park the first time!!!
I just have to let you know that I was very impressed with the smooth ordering process and the prompt delivery.
AirKayaks note: Thank you Robert for the nice words!
Posted by Dan Rattenbury on 15th Jun 2012
I recently bought both an advanced frame and the sport. I have not launched it yet as i have been rigging it to my specs but here is what i have discovered. The construction overall is very good. The valves are great and other than the standard floor I feel its as bullet proof as you could expect. They do offer an upgraded floor which i will likely be buying. Overall its great. But i will mention the things i feel could be a problem or that it was lacking but this is not a product bashing session as it is what i wanted overall. The bow and stern on both models sag. The bows have lift inflates but they are to small. I have engineered a support rib system to add additional support and lift. I am 6' 200lbs i cannot wear shoes as there is not enough room in front for my feet the design needs to be slightly wider in front so if you are larger than me the advanced frame is not for you the sport has the ability to slide back more. The manufacturer does not provide a pressure gauge with the boats and they are hard to find. (note to dealer supply them with all the boats). All over the owners manual you see 2 lbs PRESSURE ONLY WARNING yet no way to tell what that is and like i said i have been to 3 stores and can't find a gauge for the pumps. Wish the advanced frame had paddle holders like the sport and wish the sport had the main tube chambered like the advanced frame. This boat would comfortably do a class 2 river but no more than that. Unless you upgrade the floor and buy the beam i would not be caught dead in salt water with it unless i was in a dry suit or in an area where the water was warm. I live in washington state so not the case although i do own a dry suite. More reviews on handling in the water here in another week. Happy kayaking
Thanks for the feedback Dan. A couple of things:
1) You would want either the backbone or the high-pressure floor. Each separately is great, but you don't want to use them together as the performance worsens.
2) There is an inline adaptor pressure gauge that can be purchased for $14.95. It measures up to 2.5PSI.
3) We do have many "cold water ocean kayakers" using the AdvancedFrame quite happily - even have photos of the kayak being paddled through ice floes. Iit's very stable and you have a four inch cushion with the floor.
Posted by mdo on 8th Jul 2011
I am in my 3rd season with my AF, and still totally in love with it. My husband got the Exped. We have been in many waters ranging form calm rivers and lakes, to wavy Great Lakes - including Lake Superior- and even the Gulf of the St. Lawrence River! Fabulous performance. Not super-fast: this is not a racing boat, but surprisingly zippy, excellent control in waves, and very, very comfortable. I am 50 years old, and only 5'3'', and I can carry the boat by myself. What I like the most is being able to lug it in my Honda Civic and go anywhere I want....
Posted by Unknown on 12th Jun 2011
We ordered 2 of these kayaks and use them here in the UK on both lakes and rivers. They handle better and move through the water easier than the hard-bodied kayaks were tried before. Very well made, easy to set up, and very good on the water!
Posted by Annette on 20th Apr 2011
Just wanted to let you know that we took our kayaks out for the first time yesterday and LOVED it ! Thanks so much for all your help and the wonderful, unbelievable fast service we received from you !