New with an upgraded carrying pack! A revolution in high-air inflatable tandem kayaks.
The guiding principle of these innovative boats has been the use of multiple materials in the construction to help reduce weight, plus the combination of a keel and a high-pressure 3.5 psi inflatable hull/6.5 psi floor to maximize the V effect. Result : the YakkAir series are lighter, perform better and give a more comfortable ride than conventional inflatable kayaks.
Yakkairs have reduced wind drag/resistance and are easier to steer at sea, giving them a performance equal to that of existing rigid designs. YakkAir kayaks are perfect for your seaside holidays.
The kayak has three seating positions, allowing for two paddlers or solo paddling with plenty of storage space!
Folded down into the included carry bag/backpack, they're easy to carry on foot or in the boot of your car, and are fully inflated for use in minutes using the included high pressure pump with a pressure gauge. On the water, YakkAir kayaks are simple to steer and deliver excellent performance thanks to the dynamic hull design.
Contrary to most inflatable models, you'll be paddling in the dry thanks to the rigid high-pressure floor and the water run offs in the double floor. And paddle comfort has also been improved with the use of the rigid, adjustable backrest as standard. Its smooth glide and excellent sea handling mean you can get away from the shore and go exploring in complete safety.
THE DECK: Is made of a solid PVC skin that lies over a high pressure inflatable keel. The bow shape provides great tracking and an effortless glide.
THE FLOOR: Is high-pressure and provides rigidity as well as comfort to the paddler.
MAIN CHAMBERS: Are made of urethane with a highly-resistant Dacron envelope. This is then surrounded by a polyester skin between the deck and the hull.
Features for the Yakkair 2-Person model include:
- Two anatomic backrests ensure maximum comfort
- Two adjustable footrests provide enhanced paddle stroke.
- Safety grab lines
- Abrasion protector
- Bow protector, carry handles
- Paddle attachments
- Includes rugged backpack/carrying case with adjustable shoulder straps, mesh pockets and tightening straps. Also has an adjustable handle and roller wheels for easier portability. Approx. dimensions 32x19x15 inches.
- Includes two seats, two foot braces and maintenance kit, instructions
- Included pump with manometer features a Y-shape nozzle to inflate the two main 3.5 psi chambers simultaneously, thus avoiding any pressure difference.
- Bungee mesh system fore and aft
- Length: 13'5", width 37.8",
- Kayak weight 39lbs (total weight 49 lbs for bag, pump, foot rests, kayak and seats!)
- Max load - 550 lbs