Updated graphics and seating! Lightweight and more open version of the popular AdvancedFrame kayak.
The AE1017 Sport is currently sold out - more will be available in late February 2016. We do have the special run AE1017G Sport in Green. Or you can Contact Us to get on the nofication list for when the standard Sport is back in stock.
The Sport is a lightweight and compact version of the popular AdvancedFrame kayak. It "sports" a large cockpit opening for easy entry and exit. The proven aluminum ribs in the bow and stern provide increased paddling performance in this sporty new design!
The built-in ribs are made of high grade aluminum, allowing the bow to slice through water like a knife. The stern acts as a skeg, which increases the tracking performance. When the chambers inflate, these ribs are pressed against the outer cover and form a high performance bow and stern which rival the tracking of a hard-shell day touring kayak yet still folds up compactly!
The kayak is manufactured from extremely durable materials and high-end components. There is plenty of on-board storage space behind the seat and on the decks. It sets up in just a few minutes, and is compact enough to take along for an adventure anywhere. The kayak's durable double-coated fabric, heavy-duty PVC and electronically welded seams can take bumps, scrapes and rough water.
If you love the water, but like to travel light, this sleek compact inflatable kayak will add a new dimension to your outdoor adventures. From lakes, and mild rivers, to bays and estuaries, it is a delight to get on the water quickly; keep it deflated in the trunk of your car and the next time you're driving along a river, lake or bay, you can be fishing or paddling in just minutes! This is the perfect watercraft for campers, Rvers, travelers or those that just don’t want the hassle of roof racks! Duffle bag included!
- Rigid-formed Bow and Stern w/Aluminum rib
- Includes hefty duffle carrying bag.
- Updated high-backed seating with mesh pocket is more rigid, providing more back support.
- Tracking fin
- Military-style Air Valve and Twistlok valves (4)
- Molded low-profile rubber handles
- Durable double-coated PVC-coated nylon w/tarpaulin fabric
- Electronically Welded Seams
- Neoprene knuckleguards
- Bungee Deck Lacing to hold extra gear
- Open cockpit design, 24x42 inches
- Dimensions: Length 10.5 ft, width 32 inches
- Interior seating area approx. 56 x 18 inches
- Weight: 26 lbs, max load 250 lbs
- Folded size: 30 x 17 x 8 inches
- Advanced inflation featuring new TwistLok valves and a high flow Spring Valve! Fits most standard pumps without an adaptor!
- 1 PSI pressure relief valve built into floor chamber.
- Easy storage, portable, packs into convenient duffle bag
- Durable, lightweight and compact - inflates in minutes!
- Designed to be used in flat water to salt water.
- Comes with seat, carrying case, maintenance kit and instructions.
- New w/manufacturer's warranty
Need more info?
- Read the Advanced Elements Sport Instruction Manual.
- See our Detailed Sport Inflatable Kayak Review with photos.
- Watch our YouTube Sport Inflatable Kayak video, below.
Posted by Unknown on 15th Aug 2013
We arrived in Chicago to find both of our Advanced Elements SPORT Kayaks and the pump waiting for us at our hotel. We've just had our first little kayak 'trip' back here in Toronto. The pump works like a million bucks - quick and easy. The boats are stable, comfy, quick and lots of fun. They are BEAUTIFULLY designed and constructed. Everything works perfectly.
Our entire purchase "experience" with Airkayaks. com has been an absolute joy. I appreciate (very much) your sound advice on the phone and the fact that you recommended these excellent "value" boats to us when you could have suggested way more costly versions did not go unnoticed. This whole deal went together "last-minute" without a hitch - really slick !!!
FYI - Your price of $369.00 (no tax, natch) is real bargain in the U.S. but up here, in the Great White North, these kayaks cannot be had for less than $510.00 + 13% tax. To cut to the chase, we saved a fortune, learned a lot about kayaks, expended NO effort and wound up thrilled with our pair of killer boats.
We would be honoured to recommend AirKayaks.com to anyone on the planet who is even remotely considering buying an inflatable kayak.
Posted by Alan on 12th Jul 2011
The canoe and equipment arrived a few days ago saving about £150 over UK prices, even after allowing for shipping and duty. Thank you for your patience in dealing with my questions. I have been out on the river and the kayak is excellent, straightforward to inflate and launch and paddles well. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of enjoyment with the canoe this summer and future years.
Posted by Murray on 23rd May 2011
I recently took delivery on an AE1017 Sport Kayak and I have to tell you I just love it! It handles great for my purposes and is a breeze to set up and take down.